WJTC WJTC/UTV44 - Search Results
Workout Wednesday: Abs
MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI)
Is your abdominal workout boring? Grab a partner to shake up your routine and burn more calories. Traditional crunches only target one area of the abdominal muscles and can become boring. Working out with a friend can help motivate you to work harder and add more variety to your abdominal exercises. These workouts will be more fun and hit your abs from every angle.
Lying Leg Throw Down
1. Lay with your back on the floor, placing your head between your partner's feet.
2. The partner on the floor holds the ankles or calves of the person standing securely with y hands.
3. Keeping your legs straight, raise them towards your partner
4. Press your upper back into the floor and feel each vertebrae of your spine roll off the ground.
5. Bring your legs all the way up so your partner is holding onto your ankles.
6. Feel your partner throw your legs away and down. Your partner should not just push, but rather throw them so your legs have both momentum and gravity pulling them down to the floor.
7. Feel the resistance as they are thrown and don't let your feet touch the ground. Slowly bring your legs back up to your partner and allow him to grab your ankles again.
8. Have your partner throw your legs in different directions to ensure you are working all of your abdominal muscles.
Partner Sit-ups with Locked Ankles
1. Lay back with your knees bent.
2. Sitting opposite of your partner
3. Interlock ankles with one another
4. Come up at the same time
5. Return to the ground at the same time
6. Each time coming up, you will pass a medicine ball back and forth for added resistance