HS Game Of The Week
Previous HS Game's
- Preview of Week #1: Williamson Lions vs. Baker Hornets
- Raycom Announces Raycom/AHSAA Thursday TV Game of the Week Slate
- Six Schools Making Debuts In Ninth Annual Champions Challenge Aug. 22-23
- ASWA release Pre-Season Top Ten Polls
- UTV44 Gears up for the 2014 Season of High School Football
- Spanish Fort Wins Class 5A State Baseball Title Over Cullman
- St. Luke's Sweep to Class 1A State Crown for Second Year in a Row
- St. Luke’s Takes 3-2 Win in Game1 of Class 1A Series
- McGill-Toolen's Chris Taylor places second at state Decathalon
- Spanish Fort Captures 5A Boys’ Title With 603 Total
- Class 3A Boys: Bayside Academy Finishes
- 4A Boys Golf: UMS-Wright Claims 25th State Golf Crown
- Spires Sets AHSAA Record In Winning 2014 Heptathlon
- AHSAA Baseball Semifinal Series Results
- Football Squads Announced For All-Star Sports Week
- Softball Area Tournament Finals Scores (1A-6A)
- Baseball Playoffs Third Round Pairings, Results
- UMS-Wright Wins Record 16th Boys State Track Championship
- Six Crowned State Champions at 1A, 2A, 3A State Track
- Soccer Teams Named For 2014 All-Star Sports Week
- St. Paul's wins Class 5A Girls State Championship
- St. Paul's Wins 5A boys Tennis Title
- UMS-Wright Girls Sweep All 6 Singles Titles To Win 4A Tennis Crown
- UMS-Wright Boys Win Sixth Straight Class 4A Tennis State Championship
- First Round Baseball Playoffs Pairings/Results
- Baseball Teams Named For 2014 All-Star Sports Week
- Softball Teams Named For 2014 All-Star Sports Week
- Squads Named For 2014 North-South Basketball Games
- Stansell, Boaz-Jeffords Named Top 2014 Bryant-Jordan Winners
- Teams Set For 2014 Champions Challenge At Montgomery’s Cramton Bowl
- Bryant-Jordan Student-Athlete Program Announces 2014 Regional Winners
- 12 Records Set As 44th Indoor Track Championships Conclude Tuesday
- 13 Records Fall in First Day of 44th Indoor State Track Championships
- Local teams moved in AHSAA re-classification.
- AHSAA Central Board Adopts 7-Class System For 2014 16
- Alabama, Mississippi All-Star Squads Report Monday
- Auburn, Huntsville Claim AHSAA State Swimming Championships
- Spanish Fort Wins Back to Back 5A Titles
- Four Defending State Champions Returning to Super 6 Finals
- Spanish Fort extends winning streak and moves on to Tuscaloosa
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Semifinal Round
- Preview of Playoff Semifinal Round: #7 Saraland Spartans vs. #1 Spanish Fort Toros
- AHSAA Spotlight For Week 13
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for the Semi-Final Round.
- All Six Defending Champs Advance to Playoff semifinals
- Spanish Fort stay unbeaten, heading to Semis
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Round #3
- Preview of Playoff 3rd Round: #2 Jackson Aggies vs. #1 Spanish Fort Toros
- AHSAA Spotlight For Week 12
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for Round #3
- 28 Region Champions Still Alive In AHSAA Playoff Quarterfinals
- Rain Does Not Stop UMS-Wright from Moving On
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Round #2
- Preview of Playoff 2nd Round: Beauregard Hornets vs. #4 UMS-Wright Bulldogs
- Hale County’s Deacon Medders Grabs AHSAA Spotlight For Week 11
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for Round #2
- 9 Region Champions Fall In First Round Of Playoffs
- Yellow Jackets survive 1st Round over Opelika
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Round #1
- Racean Thomas Grabs AHSAA Week 10 Prep Spotlight
- Preview of Playoff 1st Round: Opelika Bulldogs vs. #4 McGill-Toolen Yellow Jackets
- ASWA release Week #10 Top Ten Polls
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for Round #1.
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #10 Announced
- 12 Unbeaten Teams In Field For AHSAA State Football Playoffs
- Another win on Old Shell for St. Paul's
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #10
- Preview of Week #10: #9 St. Paul's Saints vs. #1 UMS-Wright Bulldogs
- ASWA release Week #9 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #9 Announced
- Local Region standings thru Week #9
- Cannon Gets Painted Orange for 2nd Straight Year
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #9
- Preview of Week #9: #8 McGill-Toolen Yellow Jackets vs. Murphy Panthers
- ASWA release Week #8 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #8 Announced
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #8
- Local Region standings thru Week #8
- Daphne takes the Region Championship over Fairhope
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #8
- Preview of Week #8: Daphne Trojans vs. Fairhope Pirates
- ASWA release Week #7 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #7 Announced
- AHSAA Spotlight for Week #7
- Local Region standings thru Week #7
- Alabama All-Star roster announced for 2013 Alabama-Mississippi Football All-Star Game
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #6
- Toros make it 16 straight with win over Vigor.
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #7
- Preview of Week #7: #9 Vigor Wolves vs. #1 Spanish Fort Toros
- ASWA release Week #6 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #6 Announced
- Local Region standings thru Week #6
- Spanish Fort contiunes winning ways, this time over St. Paul
- Preview of Week #6: #1 Spanish Fort Toros vs. #8 St. Paul's Saints
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #6
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #5
- ASWA release Week #5 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #5 Announced
- Local Region standings thru Week #5
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #5
- Blount snaps 14 game streak against Vigor
- ASWA release Week #4 Top Ten Polls
- Preview of Week #5: #6 Vigor Wolves vs. Blount Leopards
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #4
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #4 Announced
- Local Region Standings Thru Week #4
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #4
- McGill-Toolen Offense was Lights Out over Davidson
- ASWA release Week #3 Top Ten Polls
- Preview of Week #4: Davidson vs. #3 McGill-Toolen
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #3
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #3 Announced
- Local Region Standings Thru Week #3
- C-Spire's Beyond the Sidelines - Daphne Coach Jacy Todd
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #3
- Another close game as Daphne comes out on Top
- ASWA release Week #2 Top Ten Polls
- Preview of Week #3 Daphne vs Foley
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #2 Announced
- AHSAA Prep Week 2 Spotlight
- Davidson uses OT for victory over Baker
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #2.
- Preview of Davidson vs. Baker
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight, Week I
- ASWA relesase Week #1 Top Ten
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #1 Announced
- Spanish Fort hangs on for another close battle with Daphne
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #1
- Preview of Spanish Fort vs. Daphne
- Spanish Fort comes out on to of the California Dreaming Bowl
- ASWA Release Pre-Season Polls
- UTV44 Your Gulf Coast Superstation is announcing a special Pre-Season broadcast for the Game of the Week
- AHSAA Paying Out record $1.4 million to schools in revenue sharing
- UTV44 and C-Spire Wireless Team Up
- UTV44 Your Gulf Coast Superstation Gears up for another year of High School Football Coverage
AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #4
Updated: Tuesday, September 24 2013, 03:53 PM CDT
Week 4 Spotlight
Dale County’s Henderson Posts Second Straight 300-Yard Rushing Performance
RON INGRAM - MONTGOMERY, AL AHSAA
Jamarius Henderson of Dale County High Schoolrushed for more than 300 yards for the second week in a row last Friday night as the Warriors (4-0) remained unbeaten with a 52-0 win over Montgomery Catholic.
Henderson, a 5-foot-11, 205-pound junior, scored five touchdowns as he grabbed the AHSAA Spotlight for Week 4 of the 2013 prep football season. His 10 tackles from his linebacker position also led the Warriors on defense.
Henderson now has 928 yards rushing and 15 total touchdowns in the Warriors’ first four games. Coach Pate Harrison’s team is also unbeaten for the first time after four games since 2002.
His performance edged out other rushing performances by senior Ready Swanigan of Marion County and Tyler Rogers of Mobile Christian and an outstanding special teams performance by Cleburne County place-kicker Anderson Jacks.
Rogers rushed for 312 yards and five touchdowns on 24 carries as the Leopards erased a 28-0 deficit and beat Flomaton 42-28. Rogers scored on runs of 5, 47, 19, 13 and 80 yards.
Swanigan, a senior, led the Red Raiders to a 60-35 win over Hubbertville with 262 yards rushing on just 13 carries while scoring five touchdowns on runs of 11, 32, 45, 53 and 61 yards. His two longest TDs came in the first quarter as Marion County jumped to a 27-7 lead. The Red Raiders finished with 516 yards rushing and 578 total yards.
Vess Benton of Hubbertville also had a big night as he team piled up 419 total yards in the setback. He rushed for 133 yards on nine carries with a 96-yard TD run and 9-yard score and also completed two passes for 98 yards and two more scores. Greg Stidham caught both TD passes covering 67 and 31 yards.
The wild game had no turnovers and 997 total yards on offense.
Jacks connected on 4-of-4 field goal attempts, including the game-winning 20-yarder in overtime, as Cleburne County beat Cherokee County 41-38. Jacks also made field goals from 28, 29 and 35 yards. Cherokee County place-kicker Eric Burgess booted a 32-yard field goal with less than a minute left in regulation to tie the game and send it into overtime.
In other top performances reported:
Shades Valley: The Mounties beat Huffman 38-6 for the school’s 501st win. A victory over Carver-Birmingham was No. 500 a week earlier. Shades Valley, which goes to Thompson this week, is 501-371-33 all-time. Tuscaloosa County won its 500th game in its season-opening 14-13 win over Mountain Brook. The Wildcats are now 502-334-31 overall.
T.R. Miller: The state leader in all-time wins (630) is currently 4-0 after beating Bayside Academy 43-40 last week. Coach Jamie Riggs’ team has won 275 games in the last 25 years – best in the AHSAA. The Tigers own a 630-294-20 overall record with 82 wins coming in the state playoffs. The 82-27 playoff record is second only to now-closed Hazlewood’s 85-21 mark.
Isaiah “Pee Wee” Lewis, Foley: Ran for 258 yards and two touchdowns and caught a TD pass to lead Foley to a 35-28 victory over Enterprise.
Delontae Williams, Cedar Bluff: Rushed for 272 yards on 27 carries and scored four touchdowns (37, 12, 2, 11 yards) in a 61-23 win over Jacksonville Christian. Teammate Dalton Cosby also had 173 yards on 16 carries with two TDs and completed 3-of-9 passes for 76 yards and a 61-yard TD.
Shemoore Bolton, Cleburne County: Rushed for 257 yards on 26 carries and scored three touchdowns (33, 24, 40 yards) in the Tigers' 41-38 overtime victory at Cherokee County.
Lorenzo James, Sparkman: Ran for 241 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries in a 34-31 loss to Austin.
Gage Hatton, Kinston: Rushed for 200 yards on 15 carries with a pair of touchdowns and caught four passes for 72 yards as the Bulldogs beat Red Level 41-8.
Hayden Stephens, Tanner: Ran for 198 yards on 17 carries with one TD and also returned a kickoff 90 yards for another score in the Rattlers’ 35-14 win over Lexington. Teammate Jonathan Fletcher also returned a kickoff 68 yards for a TD and had three scores on the night.
Jermarcus Brown, Pickens County: Rushed for 230 yards on nine carries and scored four touchdowns as the Tornadoes beat Brilliant 40-0.
Matt Hagler, Slocomb: The Red Tops quarterback rushed for 172 yards and three touchdowns, including a game-winning 2-yard TD run in overtime. He added the two-point conversion in a 36-34 win over Barbour County. Hagler also threw a two-point conversion pass and scored on a fumble return of 10 yards on defense. He completed both pass attempts in the game for 25 yards.
Daniel Murkerson, Oak Grove: Rushed for 154 yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries, caught a 35-yard pass and kicked five extra points in the 49-21 win over Carbon Hill.
Holden Fields, South Lamar: Rushed for 125 yards and two touchdowns on runs of 35 and 31 yards as the Stallions snapped a 15-game losing streak with a 42-19 win over Lynn.
Harry Satterwhite, McGill-Toolen: Was 17-of-27 passing for 210 yards and five touchdowns as McGill-Toolen beat Davidson 56-3. Satterwhite, who played just three quarters, directed an offense that had 502 total yards and 31 first downs.
Patrick Smith, Kinston: Was 12-of-18 passing for 258 yards and two TDs and also rushed for another score in the Bulldogs’ 41-8 win over Red Level.
Austin Mohlenbrok, American Christian: Was a perfect 12-for-12 passing for 207 yards and three touchdowns in the Patriots’ 42-0 victory over Holt.
Dylan Mackey, Sand Rock: Completed 14-of-18 pass attempts for 212 yards and two touchdowns (60, 10 yards), including a 10-yard toss to Zane Farrar for the winning score in double overtime, to lead Sand Rock to a 30-23 win over Section. Mackey also rushed for 64 yards on 13 carries with touchdown (12 yards) and booted a 27-yard field goal.
Marcus Key, Bessemer City: Completed 16-of-23 passes for 104 yards and added 14 rushes for another 111 yards, including a 9-yard scoring run in the final minutes, in the Tigers’ 28-21 win over Tuscaloosa County.
Tadarryll Marshall, Leeds: Was 5-of-7 passing for 207 yards and three touchdowns in a 42-0 win over Thorsby. His three TDs covered 49, 72 and 61 yards.
Calindo Fletcher, Buckhorn: Caught five passes for 182 yards and touchdowns of 87 and 38 yards in the Bucks' 43-35 victory over James Clemens.
Octaviuse Hardrick, Cottonwood: Bears receiver caught seven passes for 146 yards and one touchdown in Cottonwood’s 39-8 win over Wicksburg.
Kameron Maye, Murphy: Caught six passes for 118 yards and two touchdowns and ran nine times for 88 yards in a 35-34 double-overtime win over Blount.
LaQuarious Cook, Wenonah: Grabbed three interceptions, including a 17-yard touchdown return in the 44-14 win over Paul Bryant.
Caleb Wooten, Cottonwood: Led Bears defense with 13 tackles, two fumble recoveries and a quarterback sack in a 39-8 win over Wicksburg.
Kevin McElrath, Collinsville: Stripped the ball from a Sumiton Christian rusher and returned it for a touchdown with 1:26 remaining in regulation to tie the game at 26. The Panthers went on to claim a 33-32 overtime victory.
Justin Thornton, Vigor: Had three sacks and forced a fumble in the Wolves’ 28-0 victory over B.C. Rain.
Blake Terry, Cedar Bluff: Returned an interception 60 yards for a touchdown in the Tigers' 61-23 victory over Jacksonville Christian.
Jaret Prater, Piedmont: Recovered a fumble and ran it in for a 14-yard touchdown and also scored on an 85-yard touchdown run in Bulldogs' 55-7 victory over Cleveland. Teammate Bayley Blanchard also picked off a pair of passes in the win.
Nicarius Peterson, McKenzie: Returned a punt 81 yards early in the fourth quarter and added a 29-yard touchdown run on the next series, sparking a 20-point five-minute surge that lifted the Tigers to a 46-28 win over fifth-ranked Geneva County. Peterson also had an 82-yard kickoff return for a touchdown earlier in the game.
LaDarrell Pettway, Spanish Fort: Returned two punts 72 and 84 yards, respectively, for touchdowns as the Toros beat Faith Academy 54-0. Pettway scored on returns of 72 and 84 yards.
David Jaimes, Austin: Kicked a 36-yard field goal as time expired to give the Black Bears a 34-31 win over Sparkman. Jaimes also hit a 26-yarder earlier in the game.