HS Game Of The Week
Previous HS Game's
- Spanish Fort Wins Class 5A State Baseball Title Over Cullman
- St. Luke's Sweep to Class 1A State Crown for Second Year in a Row
- St. Luke’s Takes 3-2 Win in Game1 of Class 1A Series
- McGill-Toolen's Chris Taylor places second at state Decathalon
- Spanish Fort Captures 5A Boys’ Title With 603 Total
- Class 3A Boys: Bayside Academy Finishes
- 4A Boys Golf: UMS-Wright Claims 25th State Golf Crown
- Spires Sets AHSAA Record In Winning 2014 Heptathlon
- AHSAA Baseball Semifinal Series Results
- Football Squads Announced For All-Star Sports Week
- Softball Area Tournament Finals Scores (1A-6A)
- Baseball Playoffs Third Round Pairings, Results
- UMS-Wright Wins Record 16th Boys State Track Championship
- Six Crowned State Champions at 1A, 2A, 3A State Track
- Soccer Teams Named For 2014 All-Star Sports Week
- St. Paul's wins Class 5A Girls State Championship
- St. Paul's Wins 5A boys Tennis Title
- UMS-Wright Girls Sweep All 6 Singles Titles To Win 4A Tennis Crown
- UMS-Wright Boys Win Sixth Straight Class 4A Tennis State Championship
- First Round Baseball Playoffs Pairings/Results
- Baseball Teams Named For 2014 All-Star Sports Week
- Softball Teams Named For 2014 All-Star Sports Week
- Squads Named For 2014 North-South Basketball Games
- Stansell, Boaz-Jeffords Named Top 2014 Bryant-Jordan Winners
- Teams Set For 2014 Champions Challenge At Montgomery’s Cramton Bowl
- Bryant-Jordan Student-Athlete Program Announces 2014 Regional Winners
- 12 Records Set As 44th Indoor Track Championships Conclude Tuesday
- 13 Records Fall in First Day of 44th Indoor State Track Championships
- Local teams moved in AHSAA re-classification.
- AHSAA Central Board Adopts 7-Class System For 2014 16
- Alabama, Mississippi All-Star Squads Report Monday
- Auburn, Huntsville Claim AHSAA State Swimming Championships
- Spanish Fort Wins Back to Back 5A Titles
- Four Defending State Champions Returning to Super 6 Finals
- Spanish Fort extends winning streak and moves on to Tuscaloosa
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Semifinal Round
- Preview of Playoff Semifinal Round: #7 Saraland Spartans vs. #1 Spanish Fort Toros
- AHSAA Spotlight For Week 13
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for the Semi-Final Round.
- All Six Defending Champs Advance to Playoff semifinals
- Spanish Fort stay unbeaten, heading to Semis
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Round #3
- Preview of Playoff 3rd Round: #2 Jackson Aggies vs. #1 Spanish Fort Toros
- AHSAA Spotlight For Week 12
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for Round #3
- 28 Region Champions Still Alive In AHSAA Playoff Quarterfinals
- Rain Does Not Stop UMS-Wright from Moving On
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Round #2
- Preview of Playoff 2nd Round: Beauregard Hornets vs. #4 UMS-Wright Bulldogs
- Hale County’s Deacon Medders Grabs AHSAA Spotlight For Week 11
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for Round #2
- 9 Region Champions Fall In First Round Of Playoffs
- Yellow Jackets survive 1st Round over Opelika
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Round #1
- Racean Thomas Grabs AHSAA Week 10 Prep Spotlight
- Preview of Playoff 1st Round: Opelika Bulldogs vs. #4 McGill-Toolen Yellow Jackets
- ASWA release Week #10 Top Ten Polls
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for Round #1.
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #10 Announced
- 12 Unbeaten Teams In Field For AHSAA State Football Playoffs
- Another win on Old Shell for St. Paul's
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #10
- Preview of Week #10: #9 St. Paul's Saints vs. #1 UMS-Wright Bulldogs
- ASWA release Week #9 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #9 Announced
- Local Region standings thru Week #9
- Cannon Gets Painted Orange for 2nd Straight Year
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #9
- Preview of Week #9: #8 McGill-Toolen Yellow Jackets vs. Murphy Panthers
- ASWA release Week #8 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #8 Announced
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #8
- Local Region standings thru Week #8
- Daphne takes the Region Championship over Fairhope
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #8
- Preview of Week #8: Daphne Trojans vs. Fairhope Pirates
- ASWA release Week #7 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #7 Announced
- AHSAA Spotlight for Week #7
- Local Region standings thru Week #7
- Alabama All-Star roster announced for 2013 Alabama-Mississippi Football All-Star Game
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #6
- Toros make it 16 straight with win over Vigor.
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #7
- Preview of Week #7: #9 Vigor Wolves vs. #1 Spanish Fort Toros
- ASWA release Week #6 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #6 Announced
- Local Region standings thru Week #6
- Spanish Fort contiunes winning ways, this time over St. Paul
- Preview of Week #6: #1 Spanish Fort Toros vs. #8 St. Paul's Saints
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #6
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #5
- ASWA release Week #5 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #5 Announced
- Local Region standings thru Week #5
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #5
- Blount snaps 14 game streak against Vigor
- ASWA release Week #4 Top Ten Polls
- Preview of Week #5: #6 Vigor Wolves vs. Blount Leopards
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #4
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #4 Announced
- Local Region Standings Thru Week #4
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #4
- McGill-Toolen Offense was Lights Out over Davidson
- ASWA release Week #3 Top Ten Polls
- Preview of Week #4: Davidson vs. #3 McGill-Toolen
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #3
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #3 Announced
- Local Region Standings Thru Week #3
- C-Spire's Beyond the Sidelines - Daphne Coach Jacy Todd
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #3
- Another close game as Daphne comes out on Top
- ASWA release Week #2 Top Ten Polls
- Preview of Week #3 Daphne vs Foley
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #2 Announced
- AHSAA Prep Week 2 Spotlight
- Davidson uses OT for victory over Baker
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #2.
- Preview of Davidson vs. Baker
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight, Week I
- ASWA relesase Week #1 Top Ten
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #1 Announced
- Spanish Fort hangs on for another close battle with Daphne
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #1
- Preview of Spanish Fort vs. Daphne
- Spanish Fort comes out on to of the California Dreaming Bowl
- ASWA Release Pre-Season Polls
- UTV44 Your Gulf Coast Superstation is announcing a special Pre-Season broadcast for the Game of the Week
- AHSAA Paying Out record $1.4 million to schools in revenue sharing
- UTV44 and C-Spire Wireless Team Up
- UTV44 Your Gulf Coast Superstation Gears up for another year of High School Football Coverage
AHSAA Paying Out record $1.4 million to schools in revenue sharing
Updated: Friday, August 23 2013, 10:12 AM CDT
AHSAA - Montgomery, AL, 1.4 Million In Revenue Sharing Payout To Schools Approved By AHSAA Central Board of Control.
The Alabama High School Athletic Association Central Board of Control approved returning $1.4 million to its member schools under its Revenue Sharing Plan Wednesday at the annual summer meeting in Montgomery. The Legislative Council met in the afternoon.
The Revenue Sharing Plan, approved first by the Central Board in 2009, has now returned $5 million to its member schools in four years. The formula for the distribution of funds includes a differential between classifications and the number of sports played by non-football-playing schools. The plan returns excess funds back to the schools when the AHSAA has at least one years working capital in reserve.
The 2012-13 payout to schools with football:
Class 6A - $3,934.00
Class 5A - $3,794.00
Class 4A - $3,654.00
Class 3A - $3,514.00
Class 2A - $3,374.00
Class 1A - $3,234.00
Payout to schools with no football:
(with at least 5 boys, 5 girls sports) - $1,862.00
(with less than 5 boys, 5 girls sports) - $1,185.34
Also, for the 21th consecutive year, the Central Board voted to waive membership dues to all member schools a cost savings of more than $75,000 annually that totals $1,575,000 returned to the schools since 1992.
In addition, the Central Board approved the Super Sectional wrestling format to precede the state tournament. Two Super Sectionals will include the South at Montgomerys MultiPlex at Cramton Bowl and the North at Birminghams Bill Harris Arena.
Also discussed was the possibility of playing semifinal football playoff contests at neutral sites and of conducting two Sub-State Swimming and Diving qualifying meets prior to the state meet. Both items are currently being studied by the AHSAA.
The Board also approved allowing baseball teams competing in the semifinal series to begin play on Thursday if their state championship series are scheduled begin the following Wednesday. Both teams must agree, however, or the semifinal series defaults to the same dates as the remaining classifications Friday and Saturday.
The Central Board meeting also began the terms of 2013-14 President Lamar Brooks of Dale County and Vice-President Mike Welsh of Spring Garden.
Other Central Board action:
Approved the financial reports for the spring championships in soccer, softball, baseball and track.
Attendance and revenue was up from 2012 in each sport.
Reviewed and approved the new Handbook along with the Fall, Winter and Spring Sports books.
Approved the 2013-14 budgets for the AHSAA and the Alabama High School Athletic Directors & Coaches Association and the 2012-13 audits for each group.
Approved, beginning in 2014-15, a new division in girls golf championship play. The new divisions will be 6A, 4A-5A and 1A-3A. Also approved, beginning in 2014-15, is a change to the qualifying format from the sub-state tournament to the state tournament.
In the sub-state tournament, the top two teams and the top two individuals not on qualifying teams will advance to the state tournament.
The board voted to keep the sub-state tournament an 18-hole event instead of 36 as had been proposed.
Also approved the use of Range Finders in championship play for golf as a one-year pilot program beginning this season.
Approved Capitol School of Tuscaloosa for associate membership for 2013-14.
Approved a salary increase for District Directors of Officials.
Approved releasing fine and ejection information on a quarterly basis to the media.
Heard an update about the NFHS TV Network.
Heard an update on all AHSAA Insurance coverage and approved the purchase of a concussion insurance policy by the AHSAA.
Heard a presentation on Unified Sports Special Olympics by Bob Bushong.
Heard an update from committee chairman Paul McAbee about the progress of the AHSAA Strategic Plan that was approved last year.
Action by the Legislative Council:
Heard a review of the Central Board action.
Reviewed and approved the new Handbook along with the Fall, Winter and Spring Sports books.
Discussed possible recommendations regarding the amount of full contact football practice as discussed by AHSAA Medical Advisory Board.