HS Game Of The Week
Previous HS Game's
- Spanish Fort Wins Class 5A State Baseball Title Over Cullman
- St. Luke's Sweep to Class 1A State Crown for Second Year in a Row
- St. Luke’s Takes 3-2 Win in Game1 of Class 1A Series
- McGill-Toolen's Chris Taylor places second at state Decathalon
- Spanish Fort Captures 5A Boys’ Title With 603 Total
- Class 3A Boys: Bayside Academy Finishes
- 4A Boys Golf: UMS-Wright Claims 25th State Golf Crown
- Spires Sets AHSAA Record In Winning 2014 Heptathlon
- AHSAA Baseball Semifinal Series Results
- Football Squads Announced For All-Star Sports Week
- Softball Area Tournament Finals Scores (1A-6A)
- Baseball Playoffs Third Round Pairings, Results
- UMS-Wright Wins Record 16th Boys State Track Championship
- Six Crowned State Champions at 1A, 2A, 3A State Track
- Soccer Teams Named For 2014 All-Star Sports Week
- St. Paul's wins Class 5A Girls State Championship
- St. Paul's Wins 5A boys Tennis Title
- UMS-Wright Girls Sweep All 6 Singles Titles To Win 4A Tennis Crown
- UMS-Wright Boys Win Sixth Straight Class 4A Tennis State Championship
- First Round Baseball Playoffs Pairings/Results
- Baseball Teams Named For 2014 All-Star Sports Week
- Softball Teams Named For 2014 All-Star Sports Week
- Squads Named For 2014 North-South Basketball Games
- Stansell, Boaz-Jeffords Named Top 2014 Bryant-Jordan Winners
- Teams Set For 2014 Champions Challenge At Montgomery’s Cramton Bowl
- Bryant-Jordan Student-Athlete Program Announces 2014 Regional Winners
- 12 Records Set As 44th Indoor Track Championships Conclude Tuesday
- 13 Records Fall in First Day of 44th Indoor State Track Championships
- Local teams moved in AHSAA re-classification.
- AHSAA Central Board Adopts 7-Class System For 2014 16
- Alabama, Mississippi All-Star Squads Report Monday
- Auburn, Huntsville Claim AHSAA State Swimming Championships
- Spanish Fort Wins Back to Back 5A Titles
- Four Defending State Champions Returning to Super 6 Finals
- Spanish Fort extends winning streak and moves on to Tuscaloosa
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Semifinal Round
- Preview of Playoff Semifinal Round: #7 Saraland Spartans vs. #1 Spanish Fort Toros
- AHSAA Spotlight For Week 13
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for the Semi-Final Round.
- All Six Defending Champs Advance to Playoff semifinals
- Spanish Fort stay unbeaten, heading to Semis
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Round #3
- Preview of Playoff 3rd Round: #2 Jackson Aggies vs. #1 Spanish Fort Toros
- AHSAA Spotlight For Week 12
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for Round #3
- 28 Region Champions Still Alive In AHSAA Playoff Quarterfinals
- Rain Does Not Stop UMS-Wright from Moving On
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Round #2
- Preview of Playoff 2nd Round: Beauregard Hornets vs. #4 UMS-Wright Bulldogs
- Hale County’s Deacon Medders Grabs AHSAA Spotlight For Week 11
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for Round #2
- 9 Region Champions Fall In First Round Of Playoffs
- Yellow Jackets survive 1st Round over Opelika
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Round #1
- Racean Thomas Grabs AHSAA Week 10 Prep Spotlight
- Preview of Playoff 1st Round: Opelika Bulldogs vs. #4 McGill-Toolen Yellow Jackets
- ASWA release Week #10 Top Ten Polls
- UTV44 is announcing The Game of the Week Playoff Coverage for Round #1.
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #10 Announced
- 12 Unbeaten Teams In Field For AHSAA State Football Playoffs
- Another win on Old Shell for St. Paul's
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #10
- Preview of Week #10: #9 St. Paul's Saints vs. #1 UMS-Wright Bulldogs
- ASWA release Week #9 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #9 Announced
- Local Region standings thru Week #9
- Cannon Gets Painted Orange for 2nd Straight Year
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #9
- Preview of Week #9: #8 McGill-Toolen Yellow Jackets vs. Murphy Panthers
- ASWA release Week #8 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #8 Announced
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #8
- Local Region standings thru Week #8
- Daphne takes the Region Championship over Fairhope
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #8
- Preview of Week #8: Daphne Trojans vs. Fairhope Pirates
- ASWA release Week #7 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #7 Announced
- AHSAA Spotlight for Week #7
- Local Region standings thru Week #7
- Alabama All-Star roster announced for 2013 Alabama-Mississippi Football All-Star Game
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #6
- Toros make it 16 straight with win over Vigor.
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #7
- Preview of Week #7: #9 Vigor Wolves vs. #1 Spanish Fort Toros
- ASWA release Week #6 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #6 Announced
- Local Region standings thru Week #6
- Spanish Fort contiunes winning ways, this time over St. Paul
- Preview of Week #6: #1 Spanish Fort Toros vs. #8 St. Paul's Saints
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #6
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #5
- ASWA release Week #5 Top Ten Polls
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #5 Announced
- Local Region standings thru Week #5
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #5
- Blount snaps 14 game streak against Vigor
- ASWA release Week #4 Top Ten Polls
- Preview of Week #5: #6 Vigor Wolves vs. Blount Leopards
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #4
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #4 Announced
- Local Region Standings Thru Week #4
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #4
- McGill-Toolen Offense was Lights Out over Davidson
- ASWA release Week #3 Top Ten Polls
- Preview of Week #4: Davidson vs. #3 McGill-Toolen
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight for Week #3
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #3 Announced
- Local Region Standings Thru Week #3
- C-Spire's Beyond the Sidelines - Daphne Coach Jacy Todd
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #3
- Another close game as Daphne comes out on Top
- ASWA release Week #2 Top Ten Polls
- Preview of Week #3 Daphne vs Foley
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #2 Announced
- AHSAA Prep Week 2 Spotlight
- Davidson uses OT for victory over Baker
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #2.
- Preview of Davidson vs. Baker
- AHSAA Prep Spotlight, Week I
- ASWA relesase Week #1 Top Ten
- United Rentals Player of the Game for Week #1 Announced
- Spanish Fort hangs on for another close battle with Daphne
- UTV44 Scholastic Athletes for Week #1
- Preview of Spanish Fort vs. Daphne
- Spanish Fort comes out on to of the California Dreaming Bowl
- ASWA Release Pre-Season Polls
- UTV44 Your Gulf Coast Superstation is announcing a special Pre-Season broadcast for the Game of the Week
- AHSAA Paying Out record $1.4 million to schools in revenue sharing
- UTV44 and C-Spire Wireless Team Up
- UTV44 Your Gulf Coast Superstation Gears up for another year of High School Football Coverage
13 Records Fall in First Day of 44th Indoor State Track Championships
Updated: Tuesday, February 4 2014, 07:46 AM CST
RON INGRAM - AHSAA, A total of 13 records fell Monday as the 2014 AHSAA Indoor State Track Championships got underway at the Birmingham CrossPlex. The final day of the 44th Indoor Championships gets underway Tuesday at 9 a.m. The meet will be web-streamed live nationally on the NFHS/AHSAA TV Network by digital media partner Play-On Sports!
Four pole vault records fell including the Class 6A standard of 15-06 held by Spain Park’s Chris Spear since 2006. McGill-Toolen junior Sean Collins cleared 15-7 in the final event Monday and then missed on his only try at 16 feet. The 1A/4A pole vault record was set by Jesse Austin of Montgomery Academy. Austin leaped 17-7 ½ to better the record set last year by Madison County’s Russell Pugh (14-6).
In Class 6A, Margaret Ollinger of McGill-Toolen better her own Class 6A start record in the pole vault by 6 ½ inches with a winning height 12-01. And in 1A/4A, Rose Brutkiewicz set a new record pole vault with a winning height of 12 feet, 1¼ inches – almost three feet higher than the previous record of 9-6 held by former UMS-Wright pole vaulter Laura Ferguson since 2004. Two other vaulters equaled or bettered the 9-6 mark Monday including Cottage Hill’s Caitlyn Dressler (10-6) and Ailish Lynch of Pope John Paul II (9-6).
Defending champion UMS-Wright led the 1A/4A scoring after day one with 42 points in the girls’ competition and 36 in the boys division. Beauregard’s Lady Hornets were second with 37, and Montgomery Academy’s boys had 29.
Homewood had 55 points and St. Paul’s 44 after day one’s Class 5A boys’ competition. St. Paul’s girls’ were led Homewood 46-38 in the girls competition.
Hoover‘s girls and boys posted 42 and 39 points, respectively, to lead Class 6A after Monday’s results. Pelham’s girls were second with 23 points and Opelika’s boys were hot on the Bucs’ heels wih 33.
Other records set Monday included:
Class 5A boys
Harrison Dudley of Paul Bryant High School in Tuscaloosa set a new Class 5A 60-meter dash record in the preliminary race as be tied his career-best of 6.99 seconds to beat the old mark of 7.00 set by Kyler Towner of St. Paul’s Episcopal in 2012. Dudley will be running the finals of the event Tuesday.
McAdory set a new record in the 4x200-meter relay with winning time of 1:31.62 – which beat Parker High School’s record set in 2013 by .24.
Class 1A/4A Boys
In Class 1A-4A, Latravious Glenn of Dadeville set a new triple jump state record with a leap of 46 feet, 8 inches. The hold record (45-8.50) was set in 2013 by Vinemont’s Tyler Boland.
Ismail Saleem of St. Jude set a new class record in the 60-meter dash with a winning time of 7.10 in the prelims. It sets up an exciting final Tuesday with Tallassee’s Brandon Baynes (7.15), UMS-Wright’s Jawon McDowell (7.16) and St. Jude’s Samuel English (7.24) – all who bested the previous 1A/4A state record of 7.24 seconds set by UMS-Wright’s Tyler Beard last year.
Class 6A Girls
Also in Class 6A, Woodlawn’s Jayla Kirkland clocked 7.50 seconds in the 60-meter dash prelims to set a new state meet record. The previous mark of 7.55 was set by Caitland Smith of Pelham last year. Smith ran an 8.00 Monday and to grab the seventh qualifying spot in the finals.
Brittley Humphrey of Hoover clocked 8.71 in her 60-meter hurdles preliminary heat to break the record of 8.75 she set in 2013. Humphrey didn’t set a state mark but also won the triple jump with a 37-10 distance. Hoover’s 4x200 relay team did set a new record with a winning time of 1:41.7 – beating the old mark set by the Lady Bucs in 2013 of 1:42.5.
Class 5A Girls
Homewood’s 4x200-meter relay team clocked 1:47.33 to win the Class 5A final girls’ event of the day in record time. The old mark, set by Parker High School in 2012, was 1:47.91.
Class 1A/4A Girls
Taylor Young also set new state meet record in long jump with a 17-11¼ leap. The Altamont long jumper beat the record (17-9) set by Brittany Middlebrooks, also of Altamont, in 2004.