(PENSACOLA, Fla.) - Two Pensacola Police detectives are in Georgia working to gather clues to determine whether remains found buried in cement belong to a missing Pensacola journalist.
Police got a report on September 13 that Sean Dugas, 30, hadn't been heard from since August 27th. Authorities say the former Pensacola News Journal reporter was supposed to go to lunch with a friend that day, and when the friend went to pick him up, he wasn't at home.
A man who lived at the house said Dugas was supposed to return that afternoon. Dugas' friend kept trying to contact him for the next few days. On September 7, the friend went back to the house to check on him and the house was empty.
According to investigators, the woman asked neighbors what happened and they said a man with a moving truck had been taking things out of the house.
The neighbors said that Dugas had been beaten, and he was going to live with him.
Dugas' name was added to a national database as a missing person on September 13.
Investigators were lead to Winder, Georgia. Two men, twins from Pensacola, are in police custody in connection with the case. So far Christopher and William Cormier haven't been charged with murder in the case.
Police are waiting to be able to positively identify the remains. After that happens, charges should soon follow.