Cover Photo Friday ContestWho Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WPMI viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WPMI (the Station), WJTC, WEAR, WFGX, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per day per IP address, however duplicate pictures will be void
(b) To enter, log onto https://www.facebook.com/LOCAL15News, and submit a scenic or landscape photo (no people or pets please) that was taken by you or you have been granted permission to use (cannot be a copyrighted picture) to email@example.com or upload a picture to the LOCAL 15 News Facebook page with the title, Cover Photo Submission. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) By entering, entrants represent and warrant
(i) that they own the picture submitted,
(ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties,
(iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and
(iv) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at: www.local15tv.com/sites/wpmi/images/Terms%20and%20Conditions_WPMI.pdf. No lewd, nude,
crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
(d) The contest starts on March 7, 2013 and will continue each week until such date the Station determines in its sole and absolute discretion, as announced on-air and posted on the Stations website (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by Station by 2pm CT on each Thursday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly selection. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Each Thursday during the Contest Period, all picture entries will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges based on composition (20%), creativity (40%) and beauty (40%). Each Thursday during the Contest Period, one (1) Cover Photo of the Week will be determined by the judges based on the criterion set forth above. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next weekly judging. The Station reserves the right to not select a weekly winner if it determines that sufficient entries have not been received for judging.
(f) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each weekly winner will receive their photo displayed on the LOCAL 15 News Facebook cover photo section from Friday through Sunday of that same week in which their picture was selected. The weekly winner will receive recognition through posts on the LOCAL 15 News Facebook page and a credit may or may not be added to the actual cover photo. The value of the prize cannot be determined. A tangible prize will not be awarded.
2. Winner(s) will be notified via email, and a confirmation response is not required for the picture to be posted as the Cover Photo of the Week. As a condition of entering and submitting a picture, winners hereby (i) represent that they have complied with all the rules and regulations of this contest (including the Stations right to use the picture submitted), have not perpetrated any fraud or deception in entering this contest or relating to the prize, and are not an employee of the Station, Sponsor, or their affiliated companies; and (ii) agree to INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS and COVENANT NOT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR SUE Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and all sponsors, their owners, stockholders, directors, board of trustees, officers, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns and each and every person acting by, through, under or in concert with them, or any of them (hereinafter collectively and individually referred to as Releases) of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent (hereinafter referred to as Claims) which instant winner may have or hereafter have against Releases by reason of any injuries or damages that winner may sustain, whether to his/her person, property or reputation, as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the contest or relating to the prize.
3. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
4. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
5. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered on WEAR-TV or their web site.
6. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Media II, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Media II, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Media II, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at LOCAL 15 News, 661 Azalea Road, Mobile, Alabama 36609 and on the Stations website
2. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
4. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.